Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Manna

Most days the sun is like an egg yolk
and the sky like lapis lazuli.
But today the ground is marble and white.
I sit on a park bench that seats the lonely
and the love drunk. My hands clasp a
steaming cup of coffee, my breath swirls up
and out over a line of silver trees.
Nearby ducks skate on pond, fluff up feathers
and quack. The wind hums and rustles. And I
imagine carrying a furnace on my back
or wrapping myself up in a warm electric blanket.
Snow falls and I catch it with the tip of my tongue,
it tastes like rice paper. 

4 comments:

Claudia McGill said...

What great pictures this brings up in my mind.

Taidgh Lynch said...

Thanks Claudia!

M.T.G. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Toirdealbhach Ó Lionáird said...

Yeah, the lapis lazuli is still doing it for me! Beautiful. So colourful and yet so cold if you know what I mean.